Thursday, November 6, 2008

gold at my feet



I've always wished autumn would stretch beyond the short few weeks of colors changing from vibrant greens to golds, oranges, reds and browns.
There is a hike that I take every week in autumn, and the landscape changes so much from week to week that it is both breathtaking--and a bit sad. To see the leaves burst into gorgeous hues, only to drop to the ground and fade in so relatively brief a span...

The particular day this photograph was taken, most of the leaves had changed and fallen, except for the aspens. As they, too, succumbed to the inevitable loss of their golden crowns, I noticed that, instead of a burst of gold overhead, now the trail was paved with gold--and these beautiful golden leaves, once so loftily set in the skies, created another marvel of beauty to be appreciated and enjoyed....if I only stopped to look.
As gold at my feet....


Listen to the song I composed for this photo:
gold at my feet

No comments: