Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Room....With a view.



There's something about having enough space to feel as if you could take off and fly, breaking free of gravity and everything that holds us down and keeps us earthbound: the job, the need to pay the bills, the appointment next week with the doctor...

When I climb to a ridge and see a vista like this, with the endless sea of sky and clouds, I'm simply free.

Room to imagine, to roam in my mind's imaginings. Room to expand my lungs and breathe fresh air, and feel as if I might float away. Room to raise my arms to the sky and let the freedom of that....the space of it...set me soaring.

A delicious escape from the ordinary, the mundane, the expected.

And room....with a view.

2 comments:

Mama Bear said...

I can completely relate to the feeling of freedom in those wide, open spaces. I used to live surrounded by mountains, and I always felt protected by them. Now I live in a place with a more even horizon, and I feel like there is finally enough space for me to be free!

Your photos are beautiful too.

Cat said...

Thank you for your comments!

Nice to know others are enjoying this blog :)